Virginia Savage, Ph.D.
Sports Psychology and Life Coach
About Dr. Savage
Dr. Virginia Savage holds a Ph.D. in Sport Psychology, complimented by over 40 years of professional and personal athletic accomplishments. Her own mental toughness has been evidenced through a lifetime of remarkable determination and resilience. Resilience and determination are hallmarks of her character with a wealth of stories as evidence of overcoming adversity, achieving goals, and living an adventurous life. This is the focus of her work with others; to maximize human potential, not as a measure of success but as reflection of personal courage and determination.
Dr. Savage has coached all levels of sport performance in soccer, tennis, golf, baseball, swimming, competitive cycling, ski racing, rock climbing, running and triathlon. She is a professional development consultant and trainer for business organizations, a recognized leader in education, and a respected individual life coach. Her clinics, workshops, and retreats are designed to fit themes that reflect each group, offering participants a clear and realistic path for achieving their highest aspirations.
She has lived a personally adventurous life, with accomplishments that are uniquely inspiring:
- High school dropout to Ph.D
- 40 years of teaching at secondary & university levels
- Mother, Grandmother, Great-grandmother
- Recovery from 60′ fall rock climbing in 1977: Still climbing.
- 15 years as wilderness guide for Colorado Outward Bound & Prescott College
- Bicycled solo from Nova Scotia to Florida (2700 miles) in 1983
- Learned to surf in Costa Rica at age 60
- Backpacked 100 miles of John Muir Trail (Sierra Mountains in California)- age 65
- 6-month nomad journey in camper van (with my dog) at age 75
- Established Savage Performance in 2005